The latest version of MAME is ready for your CoCo-Pi as the last release of this year.
Tim Lindner continues to be busy and it looks like there’s placeholder support the Deluxe Color Computer emulation:
- 08416: Misc. coco1, coco2, coco2b, coco3: Real-time clock should be a slot option for FDC cards. (Tim Lindner)
- 10575: trs/coco12.cpp, trs/coco3.cpp: Moved real-time clocks to slot cards where they belong (addresses MT08416). [Tim Lindner]
- 10647: bus/coco: Cleaned up code a little. [Tim Lindner]
- 10648: trs/coco12.cpp: Added unreleased Deluxe Color Computer machine configuration with a placeholder ROM. [Tim Lindner]
-6×09 TFR / EXG Improvement (#10572) [tim lindner]
- Remove tuple implementation used by the EXG and TFR instructions of the 6809, 6309 and Konami CPUs. It was unnecessary because
fundamentally these are implemented with a single, 16 bit wide temporary register.
- Changed how the 6809 CPU processes the invalid 8 to/from 16 bit register combinations. Their behavior now matches actual
hardware. I used page 66 and 138 of Darren Atkinson’s 6×09 manual  for reference. I also double checked with my own hardware
- Checked for regressions using NitrOS-9 (6809 and 6309) on the CoCo, And Aliens and 88Games (Konami). -trs/coco12.cpp, trs/coco3.cpp: Moved real-time clocks to where they belong (addresses MT08416). (#10575) [tim lindner]
- bus/coco: Remove real-time clock and no-halt functions from Radio Shack floppy disk controller.
- bus/coco: Added Disto Super Controller II floppy disk controller that contains no-halt functionality
- bus/coco: Added “mini expansion bus” that the SCII uses for add on cards, and added slots to SCII and Disto RAM cartridges.
- bus/coco: Added Disto “Realtime Clock” MEB slot device (also includes a parallel printer interface). -trs/coco12.cpp: Added Deluxe Color Computer. (#10648) [tim lindner]
- No ROM dump is available, so CoCo 2B ROMs are loaded for now. Tandy Radio Shack Deluxe Color Computer [Tim Lindner]
-bus/coco: Minor cleanup of base cartridge class. (#10647) [tim lindner]
- Moved a member initialization to constructor, use resolve_safe() for callbacks to remove some checks.
When updating your CoCo-Pi, please make sure to select “Update CoCo-Pi from git repo” and “Run CoCo-Pi fix script” in order for all the changes to be applied. Install the latest MAME package (from the same menu). Select mame-0.251-1 as the default version.